Monday, April 2, 2007

Day One...

I've been pretty miserable for the past several years, off and on, for a variety of reasons, but lately I've been under a lot of stress and this winter was especially hard on me, so after a number of unhappy, unproductive months of not being on any treatment, I finally got my ass to my shrink's office for some meds. I've been hearing a lot about Cymbalta, how it's an effective antidepressant that works on serotonin and norepinephrine, and also has an analgesic effect, and that sounds pretty good to me, since I am the poster boy for those "Depression Hurts" commercials, which flog Cymbalta. I don't know if there's anyone that wants to read this, but I thought it would be an interesting experiment for myself if I were to report my progress and experiences with this drug.

I took my first pill this morning, 60mg, around 8 o'clock. Around 11 or 12, I felt somewhat lightheaded for a brief time, but that passed soon. Later I started feeling like I had drunk too much coffee and yet I felt slightly sleepy. My focus and energy level do seem a little elevated, and my foot pain and low back pain seem lessened, but it's most likely psychosomatic. I've been yawning a lot, and sometimes I feel chills. I've also been quite flatulent today, starting around noon. I don't know if it's the drug, but the first time I ever tried an antidepressant, Prozac, it turned my stomach upside down. So we'll see. I think I'll go to bed now. I wonder if I'll have interesting dreams.

No comments: